Bruce Highway, Babinda
Total Land Area: 50.69 Ha = 125.25 acres*
Usable Land Area: 40.07 Ha = 99 acres*
A lifestyle opportunity awaits to live at and work your own sugarcane farm with a well appointed and functional home, large shed and town water. It is also a short commute to Cairns where numerous employment opportunities await.
Located near picturesque Babinda, you will have wonderful rainforest locations to explore such as Babinda Boulders and Josephine Creek, hike through Wooroonooran National Park with a plethora of beautiful locations.
This property includes the following features:
- Boundary to crystal clear Babinda Creek where there are plenty of places to enjoy a private dip during the summer months.
- The house consisting of three bedrooms and is fully air conditioned, with tiled floors throughout with plasterboard internal walls. Lounge area with bay window, kitchen and dining area. Step out onto the breezeway / verandah into another large room you could use as another bedroom, rumpus room or office.
- The house is on a concrete slab with masonry block walls and a colorbond roof.
- There is a single bay carport and beside that is a two bay lockable colorbond shed.
- There is a large powered farm shed with five bays, one bay is concreted with a welding bench. A comprehensive list of machinery and equipment is included.
- Your own quarry.
Babinda is located south of Cairns, approximately 40 minutes drive, and north of Innisfail, approximately 25 minutes along the Bruce Highway.
Note: This Sale includes the Machinery and Equipment and the crop of Sugarcane to be harvested in the 2020 season. There is another 29.9 Ha (74 acres) of Sugarcane Crop under a lease that is also included in the Sale, making the land area 60 Ha (149 acres) for the 2020 harvesting season.
Machinery & Equipment:
1 x Case Maxxim, air conditioned cab, 115HP tractor with quick hitch
1 x Massey Ferguson 4608 tractor with quick hitch
3 x Ford 5000 tractors – 2 with quick hitch, 1 with front end loader
1 x Massey Ferguson 65
1 x 600 Litre Silvan spray tank with boom & urban legs
1 x Mourilyan steelworks 1 tonne, 2 row fertilizer box with culters & legs
1 x Field equip 6 foot slasher
1 x 3 Legged ripper
1 x 9 Tyne grubber
1 x Ripper culter
1 x Cotton King
1 x Arch grubber – 10 tyne
1 x Barbi disc – returning
1 x 24 plate wheeled off set hydraulic
1 x 90 inch powered rotary hoe
1 x HBM whole stick cane planter
1 x Whole stick plant cane cutter
1 x 2 Fanned cane stripper
6 x Planter cane trailers
1 x Cane drill marker
1 x 600 Litre water tank for planting
1 x 1 Tonne wheeled bag lifter
1 x Honda 420 4 wheel motorbike with 50 litre spray tank and regulator plus protective cage and trailer and boom set up for inter row spraying, 220 litres
1 x Timber bench with vice
1 x Bench grinder
1 x Welding bench
1 x Trans Arc 300 stick welder
1 x 4 wheeled trash rake
1 x Timber trailer
1 x 4,000 Litre water tank (setup to collect water from roof) with 60 litres per minute Davey pressure pump
5 Bay machinery shed, powered – 30 x 9.5 x 3.3 metres high + apex – one bay concreted.
Note: There are two leases with the potential to be transfered to the new Owners:
Lease 1: 6.68 Ha = 16.5 acres of productive land.
Lease 2: 26.69 Ha = 65.95 acres of productive land.
* Total Lease land area of 33.36 Ha = 82.45 acres.
* Total Freehold land area of 40 Ha = 99 acres of productive land.
Balance of total productive land: 73.43 Ha = 181.45 acres.
- House & Land
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Air Conditioning
- Land is 50.69 Ha
- 2 Garage
- Air Conditioning
- Built In Robes
- Entertainment Area
- Tiled Floors
- Medical Centre/Hospital
- Public Transport
- Sports Facilities